The Christmas Gift Book Set

The Christmas Gift Book Set
Giving children a "Stable Background" as they learn about the real meaning of Christmas

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Best Sugar Cookie Frosting Ever!






I love making sugar cookies for so many holidays- especially if I have a helper!

I have a great cookie recipe - there are many out there!   What I needed was help with the frosting.  Mine never got hard enough to be able to wrap the cookies or stack them without the cookies sticking together.  I finally came up with this recipe.  It is a glaze and has no butter, which is what keeps the frosting from getting firm.

Here is the recipe:

Cookie Glaze

1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon Milk
2 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Add Food Coloring after other ingredients are blended.
Mix ingredients until smooth.  Add more milk, if needed.  (You can use any kind of milk, including canned, evaporated milk). 


Jessie helping me with cookies on Valentine's Day-2013

No comments: